Wednesday, December 05, 2012

The Gift of Giving

Ah, the holiday shopping rush... so much fun isn't it? Well sure it is! If you do it correctly! I'm lucky in that I don' have to buy a ton of gifts. I do have a shortage of time and a tight budget, however, so that can always make things tricky. I have a strategy. Come up with one good idea and get everyone the same thing. Last year it was hooded towels. Seriously. I found a killer hooded Yoda towel at the Ridgewood Craft show and fell in love. I then bought six more towels online via Etsy for my nephews, cousins, and the kids I used to babysit. They were a huge hit. This year it's newsboy caps. I just ordered six of those. There's always a few books, girly things, and treats that sneak into the shopping, but at least 75% of what I buy is handmade. Craft shows help. Like the one I did last weekend at West Side Advent-ure. That's my table. Cute, no? I got a great response and it was my most successful show so far, so I'm very happy! All of the new card designs I did for the show are sneaking into the shop this week. 
Here's one I love the bestest:
Baby It's Cold Outside 
Etsy is also my obvious other go-to answer for handmade holiday shopping. Last year's towels came from Rubadub Buddies. This year's hats are from MyMoJo Baby. I'm still hunting for the perfect little something for my brandy new sister in law who is expecting a brandy new baby in February. I found so many gorgeous baby things I had to make a treasury to feature some of them. But now I'm so torn! What would you buy?

'Itty Bitty Holiday - GIfts for Baby' by jojobeandesigns

Perfect presents for that bitty bundle of joy, and for mommy of course:)


Baby's First Christ...
$29.00

Crochet Off White baby ...
$16.99

Airplane baby mobile - ...
$44.00

Waldorf doll, organic g...
$63.00

READY TO SHIP Baby sant...
$18.00

Hemp Baby Blanket / Rec...
$25.00

Organic Infant Onesie: ...
$24.00

custom christmas stocki...
$15.00

Hand knit classic Irish...
$48.00

Harry Potter - Infant O...
$16.00

Organic Baby Blanket wi...
$52.00

Christmas Baby Leg Warm...
$12.00

Natural Shea Butter Tea...
$20.00

Hearts and Stripes Todd...
$45.00

Cotton Crochet Dishclot...
$10.00

Christmas Headband - Re...
$12.00

No comments: